Tuesday, May 3, 2011

so long, farewell.

well, today is the day.  the day where everyone starts to go their own ways for the summer.  that is a depressing thought.  i'll be around here for a few more weeks taking a few more classes while my friends will be scattered across the united states doing their thang.  i am so incredibly sad to see this semester come to a close.  i have become so close with those in my major and a few of the girls in my house.  we have battled a lot of tough moments together and it is hard to think that these exact opportunities won't be around anymore.  days of chilling in the curriculum library, riding the sligh high, etc. are all about to be dust in the wind. 

and i have a hard time showing these emotions to people.  freshman and sophomore year, i was an open book.  i hated breaks and everyone knew.  i cried when i left school and i sincerely missed my  friends all summer long, trying to remain in touch with them.  but as we all know, those relationships went south and now i feel like a bitter old hag who is unable to express my true emotions anymore.  should this be alarming?  probably so, but i'm getting by.

so to those of you who may read this, when you leave today or tomorrow or graduate on sunday, i will truly miss you from the bottom of my heart -- even if i don't cry when you leave.  you have all had such a huge impact on my life, my happiness, and my experience here at school.  please don't be strangers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment