Wednesday, October 5, 2011

blessed.

dear Heavenly Father,

thank you for your many blessings: for the roof over my head, the food in my belly, the running water i drink and bathe with, the clothes on my back, the bed i sleep in, and the car that gets me from point a to point b.  thank you for blessing me abundantly with great family and close friends, the opportunity to attend college, and an awesome student teaching placement.

as i sit here, typing this prayer on my computer, with my old iPhone syncing with my new Android, may i never forget my great fortune.  i pray for my Compassion child, Lord, playing ball with his friends in the depths of africa, enjoying life despite his poverty and visual impairment.  please continue to watch over him and his family as they work to provide and survive.  i pray for those who are without food, clothes, and/or shelter tonight.  may you grant them the peace that passes understanding as they try to rest tonight, hoping for a better future.

Lord, watch over my students tonight.  you know their situations, their hearts, their struggles, their wants, and their needs.  provide them with the comfort and love that only You can.  may they all rest easy tonight, wake up eager to learn in the morning, and be well behaved when they arrive at school.

in Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment